24 March 2014
The following is the gist of The Hague Declaration that leaders of the Group of Seven major nations released Monday after their meeting in the Netherlands on the crisis in Ukraine.
- will not attend Sochi summit, other G-8 events, until Russia changes course.
- supports Ukraine's sovereignty.
- does not recognize referendum in Crimea, Russia's attempt to annex it.
- is ready for coordinated sanctions if Russia escalates this situation.
- Russia's actions clear violation of international law.
- Diplomatic avenues to de-escalate the situation remain open.