On June 4, 2015, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine by its Resolution № 367 approved the Procedure for entering and exit from the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine.
This Procedure prepared by the Administration of State Border Service of Ukraine establishes the characteristics of crossing the administrative border with temporarily occupied Autonomous Republic of Crimea of Ukraine.
In particular, it specifies a list of relevant checkpoints, which have a special status and cannot be considered as crossing points of the state border of Ukraine. The Procedure also establishes features of passport control at the entrance to the temporarily occupied territory and exit from it.
According to the Procedure the entry of foreigners and stateless persons to the temporarily occupied territory and departure from it is allowed only through the checkpoints foreseen by this Procedure with presenting valid passport and special permission issued by territorial authority of the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
List of official checkpoints is the following:
For automobile – Kalanchak, Chaplynka, Chongar.
For train – Herson, Melitopol, Vadym, Novooleksiivka.
For citizens of Ukraine passport control will be conducted with presentation of any document specified in Article 5 of the Law of Ukraine "On Citizenship of Ukraine" or Article 2 of the Law of Ukraine "On procedure of exit from Ukraine and entry to Ukraine of the citizens of Ukraine" (passport of the citizen of Ukraine, passport of the citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad, a temporary certificate of the citizen of Ukraine, diplomatic passport, service passport, seafarer identity card, crew member certificate, certificate of the citizen for return to Ukraine, child travel document).
The Procedure also determines the terms of issuing of special permits for foreigners and stateless persons for single and multiple-entry to the temporarily occupied territory and sets special form to be filled for obtaining a permit.
In order to receive a special permission a foreigner or stateless person submits: an application, a passport, a document which confirms the legal staying in Ukraine, a copy of the document with personal data translated into Ukrainian, document which confirms the purpose of entering the occupied territory, a document which confirms the financial provision for staying in Ukraine, 3 photos (3,5x4,5).
A special permit is issued:
1) if person has close relatives or family members residing on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (relevant documents issued by authorized state bodies of Ukraine should be submitted);
2) if person wants to visit graves of close relatives or family members located on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (relevant documents should be submitted);
3) in case of death of close relatives or family members, who lived on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine (should be confirmed by relevant documents);
4) if person has property located on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine;
5) if person needs to visit occupied territory while conducting measures for protection of national interests of Ukraine in the framework of peaceful settlement of the conflict, liberation of Ukraine from occupation or for humanitarian policy (only if agreed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine);
6) if person is conducting diplomatic and consular functions, in particular within the framework of international organizations which Ukraine is a member of (only if agreed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine);
7) if person is making regular trips to the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine related to the employment on railways.
Special permission should be signed by the Head of the territorial body of the State Migration Service of Ukraine or his Deputy.
A person who violates the regime of entry into the occupied territory will be brought to justice.
Information about people entering the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine or leaving it will be entered by the authorized officials of the state border authority to the relevant database.
Additional information is available in Ukrainian language by the link: