Information regarding e-Visas
Since 04 April 2018 foreigners-holders of passports of 44 specified countries* may apply for Ukraine’s electronic visa (e-Visa).
*Australia, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas, Barbados, Bahrain, Bolivia, Bhutan, Vanuatu, Haiti, Guatemala, Honduras, Grenada, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Kuwait, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Mauritius, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Oman, Palau, Peru, El Salvador, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Fiji, Jamaica
E-Visas are issued by the MFA of Ukraine as single entry tourist or business visa valid for up to 30 days.
How to apply:
Step 1. Register at the MFA web-platform http://evisa.mfa.gov.ua
Step 2. Fill in application form online
Step 3. Upload copies of necessary documents:
- Photo -
- health insurance policy (30,000 euro coverage)
- proof of sufficient funds
- document confirming the purpose of the visit (invitation letter from an entity/company/organisation registered in Ukraine, hotel/accommodation booking(s), programme of stay, information on the tour(s) and the tour(s’) timeframes, tourist agency details, transfer details, sightseeing information etc.)
Step 4. Pay the fee (65 USD) by MasterCard/Visa card.
All e-Visa applications are processed within 9 business days, e-Visa or visa refusal letter is sent to the applicant’s email address.
Important note! E-Visa is sent in pdf format (get Adobe Reader here).
All applicants should submit their printed e-Visas (along with their valid travel documents) to Ukraine’s State Border Guard Service officers when entering Ukraine.
MFA highly recommends all applicants to take time and look through the ”Help” section of the e-Visa website prior to registering and filling in the application form online.
Information support is also available at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to inform you on the following changes:
- from 01 January 2019 the Government of Ukraine decided to terminate the registration and issuance of tourist and business visas for foreign citizens from the respective 30 countries at state border check points and the implement a full transition to the registration and issuance of e-Visa for the foreign citizens. (preserving of the option of issuing visas of all types and categories for entry to Ukraine in Foreign diplomatic missions)
- from 01 January 2019 the fee for issuance e-Visa will be changede from 65 UDS to 85 UDS.
- there is a significant expansion of the list of bases for the issuance of the e-Visa:
In addition to the business and tourist basis of entry to Ukraine, the option of e-Visa issuance for travel to Ukraine with private purposes, for medical treatment, carrying out activities in the field of culture, science, education, sports, as well as for representatives of mass media.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine amended the Rules of visa issuance for entry to Ukraine and transit through the territory of Ukraine (hereinafter referred to as “the Rules”) by the decree № 954 from 14 November 2018.
According to the p.20 of the Rules, visas for entry to Ukraine at the state border check points are issued in the following cases only:
- for the diplomatic or official purpose upon the request of the state bodies of Ukraine;
- in order to eliminate the consequences of an emergency situation at the request of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine;
- for the purpose of urgent medical treatment or participation in the burial of a close relative, which is evidenced by the relevant documents:
- for pilots and other crew members of aircraft engaged in international flights, in the presence of a pilot license or certificate of a crew member specified in Annex 9 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation;
- for the purpose of securing Ukraine's interests in the field of foreign and domestic policy, as well as in cases of a humanitarian nature, by written decision of the Department of Consular Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- for the purpose of transit through the territory Ukraine, crew members of foreign vessels staying in Ukrainian ports, in the presence of an extract from the ship's role;
- in other cases, stipulated by the legislation and international agreements of Ukraine.