The procedure for crossing the state border to enter Ukraine
Foreigners and stateless persons may cross the state border to enter Ukraine if they have an insurance policy (certificate) that covers the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine. The policy should be issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual ties with an insurance company - a partner in Ukraine (assistance).
The requirement to provide such a policy (certificate, insurance certificate) does not apply to:
- foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine;
- persons recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
- crew members of sea and river vessels;
- servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who take part in the training of units of the Armed Forces.
There is a general requirement for self-isolation for all categories of travelers (citizens of Ukraine, foreigners and stateless persons) arriving in Ukraine from countries with a high prevalence of COVID-19, as well as for foreigners who are citizens (subjects) of such countries.
The requirement for self-isolation does not apply to the following categories of persons unless there is reason to believe that they have been in contact with a COVID-19 person:
1) persons under 12 years of age;
2) persons arriving in Ukraine for the purpose of studying in higher education institutions;
3) persons who are citizens (subjects) of states with a significant spread of COVID-19 and have not been on the territory of such states during the last 14 days or are in transit through the territory of Ukraine and have documents confirming travel abroad within two days;
4) employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
5) drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft and ships, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
6) instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who take part in the training of units of the Armed Forces;
7) cultural figures at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
8) persons carrying out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
9) persons who have a negative result of testing for COVID-19 by polymerase chain reaction, which was carried out not more than 48 hours before crossing the border.
It is established that a country with a significant prevalence of COVID-19 is a country in which the number of new cases of COVID-19 per 100 thousand population in the last 14 days exceeds the number of such cases in Ukraine.
The list of countries with a significant spread of COVID-19 is formed by the Ministry of Health and reviewed every 7 days (the list of these countries as of 11.12.2020 is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine: https://moz.gov.ua/article/news/informacija- schodo-kilkosti-aktivnih-vipadkiv-covid-19-na-100-tis-naselennja-stanom-na-).
A person subject to self-isolation in connection with crossing the state border or checkpoints of entry into the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and leaving them, must install and activate the mobile application "Vdoma".
If it is impossible to install the application, the person is subject to observation.
Procedure for crossing entry/exit checkpoints
Crossing by foreigners and stateless persons of entry points of entry into the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol and exit from it (hereinafter - entry / exit checkpoints) if there is an insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance company - a partner in Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs, related to the treatment of COVID-19, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine, in the manner prescribed by the provisions of the Procedure for entry and temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and exit from it, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 04.06.2015 № 367, and the Procedure entry of persons, movement of goods to the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and departure of persons , movement of goods from such territories, approved