Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of UKRAINE to JAPAN
Dr. Sergiy Korsunsky was born on August 10, 1962 in Kyiv, Ukraine. He graduated from Kyiv National University in 1984.
On April 14, 2020 Sergiy Korsunsky was appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to Japan by Presidential Decree № 142 / 2020.
Ambassador Korsunsky’s previous positions include:
- Director of the Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine (2017 – 2020).
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the Republic of Turkey (2008-2016).
- Director-General of the Economic Department, Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2006-2008).
- Minister-Counselor and Acting Ambassador at the Embassy of Ukraine in the USA (2000-2005).
- Deputy Director, Department for Economic Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (1999-2000).
- Counselor for Economy, Embassy of Ukraine in the State of Israel (1995-1998).
- Director of the Department for State R&D Programs, State Committee on Science and Technology (1991-1994).
Ambassador Korsunsky has extensive professional experience with strategic planning and development, including energy, trade and investment policy, energy security, regional security, science and technology. He is a well-known expert on the geopolitic issues.
Author of more than 320 academic papers and other publications including 7 books, among them "Nonlinear waves in dispersive and dissipative systems with coupled fields" (Addison, Wesley. Longman, 1997), “Technology Transfer in the United States” (Kyiv, 2005), “Energy Diplomacy” (Kyiv, 2008), “Foreign Policy in Times of Transformations” (Kharkiv, 2020).
He holds a diplomatic rank of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary. He also holds a Doctor of Science Degree in Applied Mathematics since 1991. He is honored with several awards by the President and Government of Ukraine.